Summer Rowing Camp 2018
W&M Rowing camps 2018
Week #1: July 1- 6 (Intermediate)
Week #2: July 8-13 (Intermediate)
Week #3: July 15- 21 (Advanced)
Intermediate Requires: at least one semester of competitive rowing or coxing
Advanced Requires: need a note/recommendation from their coach or need to have attended a previous W&M rowing camp
Summer Camp payments are processed by the Friends of Williamsburg Rowing (FWR). FWR serves as the alumni and booster organization for the William and Mary Rowing Program.
ABOUT THE CAMP
William and Mary Rowing Program prides itself on offering a superior, longer, and more affordable summer rowing camp experience than almost any other program nationwide. Our rowing camp is for intermediate or advanced rowers/coxswains aged 13-18, and costs $650 for the 6 days of rowing camp. Each session will be co-ed, and campers will participate in meals and evening activities together, but will train and room separately. Each session will begin Sunday evening with check-in and introductions, and will culminate the following Friday afternoon with an intra-camp race. Parents and family members are highly encouraged to attend the end of camp races!
For the duration of the William and Mary Rowing Camp rowers will room in William and Mary dorms (2 per room), eat three meals a day in the college's dining halls, and train at the College's indoor and outdoor rowing facilities, which include the Student Recreation Center and the Tack Family Boathouse. For a sample schedule, CLICK HERE
While at camp, rowers will train twice daily with the William and Mary varsity rowers and our head coach Graham Ludmer. Our rowing focuses on the instruction and technique of sweep rowing, which not only makes rowers more competitive against other teams, but also within their own crews. Our coaches will also discuss the different levels of collegiate rowing, and the opportunities provided to student-athletes at those collegiate programs.
In addition to the strong focus on rowing form and conditioning, campers will be introduced to life at William and Mary, the second-oldest college in the nation, in a well-supervised and structured atmosphere. Campers will also participate in evening entertainment including: movie night, playing ultimate frisbee in the Sunken Gardens, scavenger hunt in Colonial Williamsburg, going to a local beach, and pizza/ice cream party.
- Campers check in at the dorms from 2:00pm-4:00pm on Sunday
- Campers can be picked up from the Tack Family Boathouse from 11:00am-12:00pm on Friday. Parents are encouraged to arrive at the boathouse early to check out where the campers have been rowing all week and watch the intra-camp race at 10:00am.
Drop-off and Pick-up can be arranged at local airport/bus/train locations.
cHECK OUT VIDEOS FROM THE 2017 sUMMER CAMP
W&M Summer Camp Rules and Expectations
- Campers will be expected to be courteous and respectful to all other campers, William and Mary student-athletes, and coaches at all times.
- Campers are not allowed to possess weapons, illegal drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes.
- No theft, fighting, endangering the safety of others, or leaving camp without permission.
- No refunds will be given within a month of the beginning of the session:
- Session 1 - June 2
- Session 2 - June 9
- Session 3 - June 16
- Registration includes a $100 non-refundable administration fee
- Contact the Camp Director for details
Mandatory Camp Forms
- To complete your camp registration, use PayPal (linked above) or mail a check (payable to William and Mary Rowing) to the address listed below. In addition, complete the Authorization for Self Administration of Medication by Camper (if applicable), Emergency Contact Information, Release of Liability and Rower Information Form, which are all linked below. The Rower Information Form can be filled out online after paying through PayPal or completed and sent with the other forms. The forms (and payment) must be received no later than 10 days prior to the start of camp. All forms should be mailed to the address listed below:
William and Mary Rowing Club
Student Rec Center, Box 8795
Williamsburg, Virginia 23187
- Upon receiving your rowing camp registration, we will send out an email to verify your spot at camp within approximately 3 business days.
- An orientation packet will then be sent out 1 month before camps begin, which will include a camp schedule and other basic information.
- Please check your email regularly. All camp information will be sent via the e-mail address used when registering for camp. (Please check spam folder for our emails)
- Click here for directions to campus